Your acceptance of these terms
Types of personal information we may gather
Zomedica gathers certain information from you in order to provide superior service, communicate offers on merchandise and services which we believe will be of interest to you, customize our communications to you, administer our business, and improve your shopping experience. The following are examples of the personal information we gather from you.
- Employment — when you apply for a job, you give us your name, email address, phone number, and address.
- Requests for Information/Non-Purchases — There may be instances when you are not making a purchase and you give us your name, address, phone number, and/or email address, and where applicable, payment information, or when somebody else gives us your name, address, phone number and/or email address. Some situations when this may occur are when you ask a question, contact the Board or Investor Relations, register for a webinar, fill out a product information form, return or exchange merchandise, receive a gift from Zomedica or enter a contest or participate in a promotion or survey sponsored by Zomedica.
- Purchases — When you place an order, you give us your name, address, phone number, and/or email address plus payment information.
- Personal Shopping Account — If you create a Personal Shopping Account with us so that you may place orders more conveniently, you authorize us to store your name and shipping address(es) in a secure database.
- Email updates — When you subscribe to receive Zomedica investor update email alerts or updates featuring exclusive offers (such as free shipping), product news, special discounts, contest announcements, and more, we require your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in all emails sent by Zomedica.
How we use personal information
- To respond to your request for information including questions related to employment and directed to our investor relations or Board.
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications.
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences.
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products, and services.
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business including to identify and authenticate you, protect against malicious or illegal activity, and to detect security incidents.
- For administrative purposes.
- For marketing, internal research, and development purposes.
Transfer of Personal Data Across National Borders
Please be aware that personal data we collect and process may be transferred and maintained outside of your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location, including the United States. Zomedica has put procedures into place to protect your personal information as described further below.
Your Rights Regarding your Personal Information
- to request access to your personal data (including under GDPR Article 15);
- to request that we rectify or erase your personal data (including under GDPR Articles 16 and 17);
- to request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal data (including under GDPR Articles 18, 21 and 22);
- to provide your personal directly to someone else (including under GDPR Article 20); and when we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw such consent (including under GDPR Article 21).
How you can opt-out of email and direct mail marketing
In order to exercise any of your rights, such as opting out of receiving promotional emails, please contact us. Along with respecting your privacy, Zomedica diligently strives to keep your personal information safe and secure. (Please see our Security Policy).
What are cookies?
“Cookies” are small data files that one of our servers sends to your computer via your Web browser when you connect with our website. Their primary function is to help us remember you by tracking your browsing sessions, which enables us to collect non-personally identifiable information (such as your IP address, browser type, domain name, etc.), and provide you with a more relevant shopping experience.
How Long Will your Personal Information be Retained?
We will retain your personal data for as long as we maintain a relationship with you or for as long as we provide a product to you or to your customers. We may retain personal data as long as reasonably necessary for a legitimate business purpose or for legal purposes.
Our websites are general-audience websites and are not directed to anyone under the age of sixteen (“Children”). We do not seek to solicit information from Children. If Children submit information to us and we know that the individuals submitting the information are indeed Children, we will delete the information as soon as we discover it, we will not use the information for any purpose and we will not disclose the information to third parties. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their Children’s online activities and use parental control or Web filtering technology to supervise Children’s access to the Internet.